Experience Design Director
Los Angeles, CA US
The International Dubbing team is responsible for getting amazing programs to Netflix's growing international audience. Centered around dubbing/VO production, a great team environment, and cutting-edge technology, this group is critical to our ability to provide the best dubbed experience to our global subscribers. International Dubbing is responsible for supervising all aspects of dubbing production working closely with our Content Creative, Physical Production, and Product Operations teams.
The Dubbing Operations Manager will be the main liaison and cross-functional contact for the Animation content vertical in International Dubbing. The Dubbing Operations Manager will provide support for our regional Los Angeles and regional offices, by managing a team of Specialists, located in Los Angeles and other regional offices.
In this role you will:
• Work closely with respective Dubbing Operations teams to ensure that all respective workflows are established, in compliance and implemented.
• Execute, refine and enhance Netflix's dubbing strategy within respective vertical.
• Collaborate with Post Partnerships & Integration, Finance Operations, and Regional Management regarding rate cards/dubbing cost negotiations as it relates to the Direct to Dub Studio initiative.
• Manage and help standardize dubbing workflows between the U.S and regional Netflix offices.
• Attend and/or lead conferences, meetings, and industry events, be prepared to articulate and present plans, overviews, strategies, etc. that could be of help for the vertical.
• Assist Finance Operations Manager with tracking and maintaining operational costs for their vertical (as required/needed).
• Collaborate with Engineering and Globalization teams to share information and innovate/improve Netflix tools, while striving to develop user/studio-friendly interfaces.
• Collaborate with Regional Management and PPI to monitor dubbing studio(s) workflows and establish/brand Netflix standards and presence in order to keep continuity/consistency between studios throughout the regions.
• Limited title support to maintain knowledge of the day to day workflow pain points and opportunities.
• Liaise with internal Netflix cross functional teams for continued education on vertical and dubbing strategies and engagement.
• Strong alignment with Regional Dubbing management, Creative Dubbing management, Technical Dubbing Production and cross vertical management.
• Collaboration with Creative Dubbing management to define the vertical specific strategic vision.
• Influence and collaborate with the Globalization Strategy and Innovation teams and new initiatives, languages, and testing.
• Strengthen cross-functional workflows for the localization of consumer product audio and songs.
• A minimum of 6+ years project management or supervision experience (creative/operations, respectively).
• Ability to inspire trust and team building skills while creating professional representation on behalf of NETFLIX.
• Experience leading/supervising dubbing and localization operations team members.
• Highly analytical and able to get to the root cause of a problem; able to creatively figure out a solution or propose changes to existing workflows as required
• Adaptability and resilience to quick changes in priorities, technology, tools and workflow.
• Must be a team player and self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must possess excellent presentation skills with the ability to concisely present NETFLIX's unique values via phone, email, online video conferences, trade shows, etc.
• Preferred Skills: Understanding or experience with audio terminology, Microsoft Office , Google Suite, Apple Suite, Salesforce CRM, SKYPE, Line and other messaging apps.
• Willingness to travel.
• Fluency in English written and spoken required. Being bilingual or multilingual is a plus.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site