Senior Producer, Race & Culture
New York, NY US
ABC News is looking for a Digital Producer/ Reporter (Off Air) to join the ABC News team, covering Race and Culture. The Digital Producer/ Reporter will be tasked with writing and covering daily and futures content for the Race and Culture vertical.
We are looking for someone with a passion for covering diverse perspectives, and who is tapped into social media trends and online conversation across a variety of communities. Reporting into the Senior Editor, Race & Culture, s/he must have experience as a digital writer/reporter creating stories that engage a mobile audience, be able to handle breaking race and culture news, write articles complementary to broadcast pieces, and coordinate across video and social. The ability and desire to tap into the deeper social issues at the core of these stories is also crucial. This reporter will be expected to conceive, pitch, report and write shareable stories that engage the ABC News audience on a daily basis, produce enterprise original future assignments, and work on special events coverage as needed.
We are looking for someone with impeccable editorial judgment, storytelling abilities and an authentic voice, who can meet daily deadlines and juggle multiple assignments in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
This role works collaboratively with the digital video and social teams to create complete multi-media packages that live across all of our platforms.
• Conceive, pitch, report and write multi-media stories that engage digital audiences on a daily basis.
• Closely monitor and cover trends and social media conversation around race and culture topics.
• Write articles and produce digital coverage around broadcast segments.
• Execute special coverage for special events, including politics and elections
• Optimize content for SEO and different platforms.
• Minimum 2 years of experience writing for an online media brand in a fast-paced news environment meeting daily deadlines; with direct reporting on race & culture stories.
• Strong digital writing skills with experience in news.
• Proficiency in social and/or video editing
• Excellent time-management, organizational and planning skills with an impeccable attention to detail.
• A willingness to work collaboratively across ABC News and take direction on all editorial decisions.
• A developed network of sources.
• Adherence to the highest standards of journalism.
• Proficient in relevant languages, including Spanish
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site