Line Producer, News
New York, NY
Here at the NBCU News Group (NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC), we believe in diversity and more importantly, we believe in achieving equity and operating inclusively at all levels of our organization.
Our strategy demands we recruit aggressively, invest in the development of our employees and celebrate their accomplishments. As a member of the NBCU News Group Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team, you would play an important role in helping us maintain our position as an industry leader.
• Manage large amounts of data for each of the key focus areas: workforce, programming and philanthropy; involves database interaction, data collection, validation and synthesis
• Monitor, analyze and prepare reports for various Federal/State agencies, including but not limited to, Affirmative Action Plans (AAP), Equal Opportunity Reports (EEO), VETS 100 reports, Job Openings and Labor Turnover Surveys, and Bureau of Labor & Statistics submissions.
• Compose submissions for industry surveys such as the DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity survey, the Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility Corporate Inclusion Index, and the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index.
• Build and maintain complex spreadsheets in Excel, utilizing pivot tables and advanced formulas
• Track and analyze numerous metrics including historical trends and breakdowns by multiple categories and segments
• Clearly communicate all key takeaways, methodologies and assumptions
• Create critical and time sensitive reports and presentations that communicate the progress and compliance of the company's diversity commitments and initiatives
• Interface and coordinate with business units across NBCUniversal as well as Comcast's Diversity and Inclusion team
• Process invoices and track the status of donations from the NBCUniversal Diversity & Inclusion philanthropic budget
• Utilize various database systems including SAP, BrassRing, and SQL
• Develop additional reports as needed
• Opportunities to support other projects and events coordinated by the Diversity & Inclusion team
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• At least 1+ years of experience in media, preferably news
• Must have interest in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts
Additional Job Requirements:
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends.
• Sound journalistic judgment.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
• Experience working with editorial partners, other internal departments and external contacts.
• Must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure and meet multiple daily deadlines.