San Antonio, TX
Role Purpose - This position reports directly to the KVDA-TV President & General Manager, and oversees the KVDA sales management team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with senior management on creating a sales and marketing strategy that will take the station's on-air and digital ad revenue to the next level and must effectively communicate strategy to sales group.
• Provide strategic input to setting and maintaining sales targets and new business development opportunities for Local and National Sales.
• Work with national sales stakeholders to formulate sales goals and competitive advantage strategies in order to achieve/surpass revenue targets.
• Drive expected revenue performance, as well as, create new ideas and "outside the box" revenue streams from new technology and growing TV markets. Develop business models to monetize these revenue streams.
• Oversee entire sales department and ensure employees work and sell with integrity and uphold KTMD-TV sales standards. Clearly communicate expectations of performance and establish and maintain a professional and motivated staff through Company's performance management process.
• Work cooperatively and in partnership with the other station departments such as News, Creative Services, and Interactive/Digital groups to ensure growth in revenue and increased profitability through all station channels.
• Deliver presentations to Corporate Senior Management and assist Local Sales Manager with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing major deals when needed.
• Oversees the planning and execution of sales meetings, community and goodwill events and station representation at trade association meetings.
• Ensure consistent station image throughout commercials, promotional materials, and events.
• Recruit, hire, and retain sales talent to build future pipeline.
• Coach and mentor Account Executives in the field to identify and communicate areas of strength and needed improvements. Holds regular sales and marketing meetings to train and evaluate progress.
• Direct the national sales effort through direct communication and detailed planning. Review strategies with national reps. Provide quick response and turnaround to the national sales team and deliver on timelines and commitments.
• Develop strategies to enhance traditional revenue opportunities as well as identify new revenue streams and lead execution of activation and integration sponsorships. Work with Research to create presentations and determine estimates on programs.
• Identify local decision makers impacting national buys
- Minimum 8 years prior experience in a broadcast, digital sales or marketing role is required
- Minimum 5 years experience managing a sales team, including experience in strategic planning and direct responsibility for growing revenue in the television sales industry.
- Bachelors Degree as minimum required
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Must be willing to work in San Antonio, TX
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Bilingual (Spanish & English)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field and/or equivalent experience preferred.
- Previous VP-level sales experience
- Knowledge of local market
- Must possess a driving ''want-to win'' attitude with a proven track record of sales/marketing achievements
- Solid background in building and cultivating strategic relationships
- Superior project management skills are necessary, including excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record in driving, developing and mentoring high performance teams
- The ability to lead change. Creativity and an imaginative mindset is necessary
- Knowledge of how ad agencies, marketing/promotion companies and direct clients operate
- Experience with and an understanding of the digital/new media world is critical
- Thorough understanding of current events, local businesses and business issues in Houston and surrounding areas, plus thorough knowledge of Hispanic marketing trends
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site