Senior Technical Artist, Toys For Bob
Job Title:Lead Engineer - Toys for Bob
Toys for Bob is looking for a Lead Engineer to manage one of our engineering teams and play the role of a technical project manager. The ideal candidate is a strong problem solver that can hit the ground running. You will own the technical products that are the results of all the teams working together. You will guide the engineering team to solve new and unique technical challenges using Unreal Engine 4 to create groundbreaking new experiences for millions of players to enjoy.
Here's what you'll be doing:
• Lead and develop a team of engineers to the highest standard
• Provide code reviews and architectural guidance for technical deliverables
• Work closely with discipline leads to understand project requirements and translate those into technical teams and pipelines capable of achieving goals
• Provide day-to-day assessment of current project status and tasking progress
• Manage development issues, attempting to predict and avoid problems, while being prepared to troubleshoot and provide a resolution, as needed
• Work with internal and external development teams and creative teams to coordinate delivery of project milestones
• Own product deliverables and interface with downstream teams i.e. Production, QA, First-Party, etc.
• Promote and cultivate a productive culture within the team and studio, providing both positive and constructive feedback to support career growth and development.
The skills and experience you'll need:
• B.S. (or higher) in Software Engineering or equivalent
• 10+ years' experience in software development
• 2+ years' experience in a lead engineering role
• Experience leading a team of engineers in a AAA game development environment
• Strong programming background and C++ knowledge
• Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 or experience with the game or other engine technology
• Ability to understand and improve development pipelines and processes
• Experience developing in a large codebase; ideally, experience designing and implementing tools or pipelines from the ground up
• Strong communication skills
Toys for Bob is a band of inventors, makers, and magicians who have been developing whimsical AAA console games for over 25 years. We play in a former military hangar that's been converted into a colorful, tiki-themed, dog-friendly paradise just 20 minutes north of the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge. Best known for inventing the ''Toys to Life'' genre with Skylanders, we are a team of out-of-the-box thinkers who are driven to create memorable new experiences that inspire joy through levity and play. If you love games, are great at what you do, and don't take yourself too seriously, we'd love for you to be part of the family!
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site