Los Angeles, CA
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprised of seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the U.S., and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are comprised of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/.
The Activision Central Technology (CT) team is seeking a Tools Programmer with a support focus on Continuous Integration and associated areas (such as backing infrastructure). This role involves working for the core CT but in direct support of the Activision game studios and their use of
CT's bespoke continuous integration and deployment system, which is pivotal to studios in the development of Call of Duty.
• Serve as CI/CD partner for Activision game studios
• Help identify and fix blocking issues with CI builds and the supporting infrastructure
• Develop good understanding of studio workflows, and help guiding studios towards solutions
• Identify opportunities for improvements both on studio side and in core system
• Be a first point of contact to answer questions from studios around CI/CD
• Maintain intimate knowledge of our bespoke CI/CD system and supporting data center and cloud infrastructure
• Work with CI/CD core team to help develop (studio-focused) feature and workflow improvements
• 5+ years industry experience, ideally across tools/build/devops systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
• Strong Python, C, and C++ skills
• Robust generalist programming and systems architecture skills
• Strong and prompt communication skills; able to collaborate with colleagues both locally and around the world
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Experience with: containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes), databases and key-value stores (SQL, Redis), SCMs (Perforce, git), operating systems (Windows, Linux), build deployment systems (Jenkins, SN-DBS, etc)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site