Principal Game Designer
San Francisco, CA
WB Games Inc. seeks a Quality Assurance Lead for WBG San Francisco. As a QA Lead, you must be an expert in gray-box and black-box testing techniques, preferably in the mobile gaming space. Not only are you a rockstar tester, you have the leadership chops to manage and mentor Game Testers to achieve absolute quality at each stage of the development cycle.
You will work closely with the rest of the game team, communicating issues directly to Producers, Software Engineers, Designers and Artists. As an integral part of the team, you will champion the culture of Quality, author meaningful test plans, recommend process improvements, and own the bug database.
• Prioritize, assign and delegate tasks to QA testers on a daily basis.
• Find, research and report bugs in Jira.
• Author and maintain game specific test plans & test cases based off of product backlogs & design specs.
• Monitor execution of test cases and bug activity by QA testers.
• Clearly communicated overall health of the product to key stakeholders via status updates.
• Create, scope and cost testing tasks during sprint planning meetings.
• Create detailed reports on project status and product health.
• Be the ambassador of quality in all aspects of the product.
• Shipped at least 2 mobile games as a QA Lead or QA Manager, preferably iOS & Android.
• 4+ years of experience in Video Games Quality Assurance, preferably in mobile.
• 2+ years of managing or supervising direct reports.
• Experience in authoring test cases, test plans and QA documents.
• Experience in exploratory and creative testing.
• Knowledge with Jira as an admin.
• Familiarity with mobile F2P games.
• Nice to have: Programming or scripting knowledge.
• Nice to have: Familiarity with Charles Proxy or Wireshark.
• Nice to have: Familiarity with Xcode, Unity and Jenkins.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site