Associate Producer, Newsone
New York, NY
Reporter - Race & Politics, FiveThirtyEight (Project Hire)
FiveThirtyEight is seeking a reporter to write about politics and elections with a particular focus on race. This person will work both independently and in collaboration with colleagues across the newsroom to produce stories about U.S. politics, elections and how race and identity intersect with each. This is a Project position and employment will continue on this Project (at the company's sole discretion), and in no event shall extend past the completion of the Project.
• Write a mix of short and longer features each month that explore how race, identity and politics intersect.
• Work with the editing and interactive staff to develop and execute major projects.
• Collaborate with graphics editors, as well as audio and video producers.
• Work with the politics editor and other colleagues to help guide FiveThirtyEight's political coverage in general.
• Minimum of three years' experience as a reporter, data journalist, visual journalist or similar position at an online or print news outlet.
• Experience writing and reporting on issues of race and ethnicity.
• Experience covering U.S. politics.
• Experience working with data in some form.
• Experience writing and reporting on federal and state elections in an empirical or data-driven way for a wide audience.
• Experience working with academic and scientific research on politics, race and ethnicity.
• Statistical analysis skills.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site