Senior Director, Design
San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Streaming Platforms
Location: San Francisco, CA
Want to work in the Best Place To Play?
We, the PlayStation® software engineering group, are looking for a top notch Senior Software Engineer to craft, and develop core technologies that power cloud-based network software services. In this role, we would love to see someone who can provide strong technical leadership in cloud-based software development, in setting of technology standards, and in evaluating and embracing leading open-source technologies to PlayStation®'s fold.
If millions of users, billions of network transactions, and trillions of data bytes excite you, then we'd love to hear from you on how you can help us in pushing this even farther. We want to see you succeed at PlayStation and help build the next generation streaming platform!
• We would like you to have 4+ years of software development experience and a BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study. Software engineering experience in Java, Python and/or Go would be excellent.
• Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, real-time analytics.
• Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
• Experience with Kafka, RabbitMQ and/or Pulsar.
• Experience with Spark Streaming, Flink and/or Kafka streams.
• Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Aerospike, Couchbase and/or Cassandra.
• Experience with CNCF Observability tools such as Prometheus and Open-Telemetry.
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
• Experience with Cloud Providers such as AWS.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies.
• Design and implement SIE's streaming and stream processing platform.
• Prototype solutions with existing OSS tools and technologies and/or develop solutions from scratch.
• Document design decisions and architectural designs to share with team members and to external partners.
• Help in preparing strategic roadmap for platform adoption by more product and platform teams.
• Build the platform with a customer-centric focus and have a data-centric approach towards decisions.
• Understand opportunity cost vs cost of reliability and enumerate trade-offs between the two in specific situations of the business lifecycle.
• Handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests.
• Work with limited supervision under tight time constraints and respond to constantly evolving requirements.
• Review code submitted by peers.
• Mentor junior engineers and help them grow.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site