Santa Monica, CA
As a Technical Animator you will support the animation production pipeline and improve workflows. You will identify potential issues and deploy correct solutions. While working with the Animation Department and studio leads, you will develop new tools and/or refine existing ones to ensure that the Animation Department operates smoothly. Through your technical knowledge, the you will help bridge and facilitate communication between the Animation team and other departments.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Author and maintain various animation tools
• Look for opportunities to improve our animation pipeline and provide solutions for technical animation problems
• Establish workflow processes to guarantee the success of the Animation Department
• Create and support animation rigs for Motionbuilder and/or Maya
• Collaborate with the character artists to help create characters that meet technical and animation requirements
• Help problem-solve in-game animation implementation issues.
• Develop new techniques and processes to solve animation production challenges
• Using various scripting languages (e.g. Python), you will create and maintain animation related tools
• Research latest applicable technologies and 3rd party software packages
• Be involved with the Motion Capture pipeline and contribute to its efficiency
• 4+ years of experience in game industry
• 2+ years of experience as a Technical Animator
• Expert knowledge of Motion Builder, Maya
• Broad knowledge of overall game technology.
• Strong Scripting experience (e.g. Python, etc.)
• Strong understanding of both figure and facial anatomy
• Experience with character rigging
• Experience with Motion Capture workflows and pipelines.
• Experience with setting up production pipelines while being able to follow guidelines
• Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Programming experience is a plus (e.g. C++, C#, etc.)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site