Philadelphia, PA US
KYW Newsradio, Philadelphia's all-news radio station, is seeking an experienced, dynamic broadcast journalist to be an anchor and reporter on a part-time basis. A qualified candidate must be news-savvy, full of fresh and relatable story ideas, and willing to hit the streets on a breaking news story or jump into the anchor chair at a moment's notice. She or he must be practiced and comfortable with conversational, compelling broadcast news writing and delivery. The ability to expertly ad-lib when the situation warrants is crucial. On-air experience and a working knowledge of the Philadelphia news environment are key.
• At least 3 years' experience in an on-air role at a medium- or large-market news station, including field reporting.
• Ability to develop and effectively pitch story ideas
• A conversational, engaging delivery with or without a script
• Ability to interpret and simplify complex copy
• Ability to update copy on the fly as news warrants.
• Familiarity and experience covering news in the Philadelphia market
• Comfort with audio editing tools
• Comfort with using social media to gather news and promote content
• Knowledge of legal guidelines that govern broadcast media
• Ability to work flexible and irregular hours