Finance Director FP&A, Content
Beverly Hills, CA US
Role: SVP Finance
Reports to: Global CFO; SVP Endeavor Finance; COO; CO-Presidents
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Company Description: Endeavor Content is a leader in the development, financing and sales of premium film, television, theater, audio, and live content. Endeavor Content seeks to facilitate more ownership and creative freedom for artists, creators and production companies in the ever-changing media landscape. Endeavor Content is a studio that has evolved to meet today's changing business needs and is committed to advocating diversity and equality within our industry.
Endeavor Content has been behind over 100 projects annually that have garnered numerous awards and commercial success. Endeavor Content's recent projects include films ''Just Mercy'' and ''Peanut Butter Falcon,'' television series ''See'' and ''Killing Eve,'' the podcast ''Blackout,'' Rihanna's ''Savage x Fenty Fashion Show'' special, and live event ''Rocketman Live.''
Endeavor Content is a division of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports and content company.
• Streamline finance and accounting processes and control activities to manage the content division.
• Ensure team is continually aware of current financial position relative to plan.
• Ensure reliable financial and operations statements and forecasts
• Evaluate and implement system solutions that support the uniqueness of the media business
• Help shape the content division's business plan that produces cash flow positive results. Establish and implement short and long range departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
• Manage and consolidate a 'synthetic' P&L of the division, as content revenues and liabilities exist across many of WME | IMG divisions.
• Manage the financial partner and lender relationships (secured and unsecured). We are not looking for a career's worth of film finance experience. It is important to have been exposed and understand the broad themes necessary to properly finance a production. Ensure compliance with debt covenants.
• Create models for monetization of content, including licensing, advertising, subscriptions, merchandising, and other revenue opportunities (eg: brand deals).
• Synchronize operating and financial strategy, ensure effective capital structure, manage to budget, and lead forecasting and strategic planning process.
• Support and, when necessary, lead the financial end of the negotiations with studios (e.g. Universal, Sony, Miramax), networks (e.g. ABC, HBO), portals (e.g. YouTube, Hulu, Netflix), and next generation platforms (e.g. Verizon Go90, Comcast Watchable). We are not looking for a career's worth of business affairs / legal experience, but an understanding of proper / favorable deal structure and consideration all aspects of distribution, geography, and format.
• Manage ultimate models, revenue recognition, film cost amortization, 3rd party obligations (participations and residuals) and any other accounting factor specific to a content P&L.
• Oversell Accounting activity, preparation and analysis of financial statements.
• Oversee all financial reporting. Develop dashboards and key metrics to track the business and inform strategy. Interact frequently with WME | IMG senior leadership to support contract review, technical accounting implications on deal structuring, equity arrangements, and various other acquisitions and investments.
• Manage audit and quarterly reviews, and prepare materials for the audit committee. Interface with auditors on all requests.
• Cash management, banking relationships and F/X hedge analysis.
• Manage liability strategies.
• Working knowledge of tax strategies and ability to speak to opportunities for optimization.
• Lead the accounting and finance team; support other departments as a high-ranking executive.
• Oversee policies, procedures and administrative controls to run the organization.
• Ensure accurate and timely actual financial data to support business decisions and ensure the accurate and timely preparation and delivery of all regular and ad hoc management reports.
• Oversee all aspects of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance for the division.
• 15+ years of progressive experience in finance & accounting in media companies – creative, production, finance, or distribution.
• Conversant in accounting related issued specific to content businesses – licensing, royalties, residuals, distribution, production, film financing.
• Knowledge and familiarity with various operational finance systems; such as Workday, SAP, Navision, CRM (Microsoft), Hyperion.
• Experience in financial reporting and/or operational accounting; including overseeing Chart of Account set up, AP & AR processing, Treasury and Cash flow processes and financial statement preparation.
• Ability to effectively summarize and present information to executive team.
• Conversant in US GAAP accounting rules and tax code.
• Outstanding strategic planning skills, with the ability to quickly and effectively take complex company objectives and translate them into a plan of action for a team.
• Experience developing and implementing financial management and budget control systems for a content business.
• Experienced with supporting deal structuring and contract negotiations.
• Experience developing dashboards and key metrics to track the business and inform strategy.
• Operational in an emerging stage business; scan till be hands-on and not require support staff to be effective.
• Strong written and oral communication skills required and comfort interacting across functional lines of business
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.