Knoxville, TN US
In this role, you will assist Magnolia Network’s scheduling and programming team in a variety of areas, including execution of network programming strategies and creation and input of program schedules into Broadview. We are seeking a strong communicator (both written and verbal) – as you will act as the liaison for the scheduling team and internal departments, answering programming and scheduling questions as needed. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with television production terms and procedures and possess exceptional attention to detail.
• Work with Director of Scheduling to create, update, and maintain weekly episodic schedules in Excel and Discovery systems (Broadview), ensuring all programming data is current and accurate.
• Assist with development of programming schedules, including strategic planning and creative use of inventory.
• Distribute all schedule releases and revisions and serve as department expert for Broadview and PDS, resolving any technical issues as needed and assisting in user testing for software enhancements.
• Coordinate with TV ComOps to schedule/maintain break formats.
• Communicate frequently with other Discovery networks to track shared programming use
• Ensure all listings information is accurate and up-to-date, working with the internal metadata team and external listings partners to address any discrepancies.
• Become the dedicated point of contact for high volume of requests for information (inventory searches, schedule questions, etc.).
• Work closely with production, network operations, and media logistics teams to ensure accurate and correct information within scheduling systems.
• Serve as backup user for DEAL and maintain a working knowledge of related workflow
• Perform other related duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred
• Minimum 1-2 years’ work experience, preferably in the television field
• Must love TV and possess a strong working knowledge of competitive landscape
• Accomplished computer skills, especially with Excel and Word
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people both inside and outside the immediate department.
• Ability to manage a large and ever-changing workload with grace and efficiency is a must, as well as a continuing sense of urgency.
• Ability to independently prioritize tasks and to work independently as well as with supervised direction
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site