VP, Global Content Operations
New York, NY US
Manager, Film Evaluation - HBO Max (Spanish/English content)
The HBO Max Story
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling. WarnerMedia's new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
HBO Max is also the home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
If you want to join a fun, driven, talented, fast-paced team that will be at the ground floor for the future of digital entertainment, this is the place for you.
Calling all film buffs! We have your dream position. Our HBO and HBO Max Acquisition teams are in search of a Film Evaluation Manager with an emphasis on Spanish language content. In this New York based role, you'll have a key responsibility of evaluating content and film submissions for these powerhouse brands. Ultimately you'll have the coolest job ever of providing recommendations to Acquisition Leadership on what content fits our Acquisition priorities for HBO and HBO Max.
• Screen and evaluate film submissions and prepare written recommendations for English and Spanish-language narrative features, plus short films, documentaries, concerts, comedy specials, series for Latinx audiences, and other miscellaneous programming, including library titles and international programming.
• Support lead evaluator in all aspects of film evaluation, including helping maintain evaluations-related databases and ensuring that submissions are prioritized and seen on a timely basis.
• Prepare team and attending executive buyers for film festivals and markets, using thorough research and industry intel. May also attend local screenings and select film festivals (10% travel in role).
• Help comprehensively track available independent films in the marketplace as potential acquisitions, as well as industry trends and competitive information.
• Assist department at large with a wide range of ad-hoc projects related to specific deals or programming initiatives as well as assist with departmental information flow relation to acquisitions.
• Establish relationships with HBOMax programming research colleagues, evaluating content performance and communicating insights to buyers.
• Collaborate with Program Planning & Strategy, Marketing, Media Relations and other internal departments regarding evaluations and written marketing or other information/materials related to acquired content e.g. Latinx series.
Who You Are
• You have 3+ years of experience in the entertainment, digital, SVOD industry (streaming/VOD/OTT preferred)
• You are fluent in Spanish and can speak and write in the language comfortably
• You have extensive past and present film knowledge and superb writing skills (this is key!)
• It's a plus if you have a degree in film or programming.
• You have a strong love and passion for watching content and have a vast film knowledge
• You are a self-starter and strong teammate who can work independently, collaboratively and responsibly in a fast-paced environment
• You must have discretion and the ability to work with highly confidential matters
• You're able to strategically communicate effectively with agents, distributors, and other executives, inside and outside of HBO
A Few Tips for Submitting Your Application!
• Tailor your resume to the role.
• In your cover letter, show us your passion for film and you can even show off those Spanish skills
• Be creative in how you tell your story. Why should YOU be our next Spanish Film Evaluator for HBOMax?
• Full-time position (40+ hours/week)
• Eligible for full benefits package (medical, vision, dental) + retirement benefits (401k matching!)
• Fantastic paid time off package (includes vacation, sick and personal days, plus holidays)
• Competitive compensation package
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers AND Dads
• An industry leading in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Working for incredible WarnerMedia brands like HBO Max, HBO, CNN, WB, TBS, TNT, Turner Sports, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and more!