Senior Product Manager, Platform Engineering
Santa Monica, CA US
Hulu’s Engineering team is seeking Senior Software Developers who will be a positive addition to our teams. As a Senior Software Developer at Hulu, you will build distributed systems and high-performance service APIs that drive our website and devices. The right person for this role is passionate about mentorship as well as building systems that are optimized for scalability, efficiency, quality and uptime. If you are someone who gets excited with sub-millisecond service response time and building fault-tolerant systems, then this is the role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• End to end ownership of backend services: Ideate, review design, build, code-review, test, load-test, launch, monitor performance
• Work with product team to translate requirements into well-defined technical implementation
• Build highly scalable and available systems that are well tested and maintainable.
• Experiment with new technologies to make sure we can scale for the future.
• Define technical and operational critical metrics to measure health
• As the team’s architect, you will spearhead the high-level design and system flow
• Mentor junior engineers on the team
• Challenge our team and software to be even better
WHAT TO BRING
• BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering
• 7+ years of relevant software engineering experience
• Enthusiasm for achieving sub-millisecond gains in service response time
• Strong passion for automation, testing and code quality
• Strong programming (Java and/or other related programming languages)
• Experience working with distributed databases (Aurora, MySQL), caches (Redis) and AWS
• Great communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic
• Strive for excellence