Part Time Job
- Part Time
WXII has an opening for
a Part Time Production Assistant. We are looking for an energetic team player
who understands the flexible schedule that the broadcast industry requires to
join our production crew. This person will be responsible for operating cameras,
teleprompter, audio-board, graphics and video equipment; as related to live
broadcasts and post-production. Must have good technical skills, and good
communication skills. Responsibilities include floor directing, camera/studio
operator, digital editing, assisting the news department, and other duties as
• Construction, maintenance, installation and operation of props, cameras, prompters, sets and other production equipment.
• Lighting and script preparation for newscasts.
• Edit syndicated promos for air.
• Video cueing during newscasts.
• Maintain professional appearance of studio/sets.
• Work also includes AVID editing (non-linear) for news and website content.
• Assist the directors as needed.
• Working knowledge of television newscast equipment and software required.
• Videography experience helpful.
• Non-linear editing experience a plus.
• Related military experience will be considered
• Must have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player.
• Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Attention to detail a must.
• Ability to edit is essential.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications preferred. Completion of college level technical & editing classes a plus.
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
WXIIHearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site