Program Manager, Benefits
This is your chance to be on the ground floor with a team that is transforming entertainment through original production. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 193 million members in over 190 countries. With our increasing slate of originals, it's a great time to join Netflix. The Netflix APAC Production Safety Manager candidate will support our health & safety function within Netflix's Original Productions across all of our verticals and in particular our Local Language Originals across the region. This role is responsible for health and safety consulting for Netflix productions and studio facilities. Reporting into the Global Manager of Production Safety, this role partners closely with regional Production Management, Legal, and Risk Management teams.
• Provides health & safety consulting services to Netflix's global productions - focusing primarily on APAC Local Language Original productions across the region
• Building a safety program from the ground up to ensure safety needs are met while understanding the nuance of local production practices .
• Assess gaps and opportunities for regional safety needs
• Contributes to the development of Global Guidelines, and other production safety guidelines while advocating for the needs and opportunities within the APAC region.
• Evaluates production concepts, scripts, pitches, etc., for safety and environmental concerns and risks as required.
• Mitigates safety concerns by working directly with Production Executives, Producers, Unit Managers and other production staff
• Works directly with the Production in the planning and execution phase of all filming: assessing safety needs, securing appropriate vendors, and traveling to remote locations as required
• Attends production technical scouts and production meetings as required.
• Evaluates production sets, stages and locations for safety issues
• Recommends corrective actions and assists productions in implementation
• Responds to, and investigates production emergencies, incidents and accidents
• Coordinates production employee health & safety training
• Works independently without direct management supervision
• Develops and maintains effective working relationships with industry safety organizations, representatives and governmental regulatory agencies as appropriate
• Professional safety qualifications are an asset but not essential
• An interest in and understanding of the importance of health & safety and/or production safety
• Understanding of motion picture and television production process including organizational structure, terminology, equipment, construction methods, stunt and special effects techniques, etc.
• Knowledge of APAC and international health & safety and environmental regulations
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Travel domestically and internationally
• Learn quickly and adjust to rapidly changing environments
• Solutions-based mindset
• Work collaboratively with a diverse groups of people to assess and develop bespoke safety needs on productions in local region
• Determine the applicable regulations in countries where a particular production may be shooting (possibly for the first time)
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site