Executive Producer, Race & Culture
New York, NY US
The Fox News Health team is seeking an ambitious Writer/Reporter on a freelance basis to produce a high volume of daily trending and SEO health and wellness content. The successful candidate will report and aggregate stories using a wide range of sources and tools, ensuring FOX News content is at the top of search results on a range of health and wellness topics.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Quick, responsible reporting is essential for this role
• Use available tools to determine trending and search-engine-friendly content
• Stay on top of trending health news and keep an eye on the competition to ensure our content remains out front
• Recognize and focus on the topics that are of interest to our audience
• Pitch trending and SEO content to maximize traffic during breaking news events
• Have Out-of-the-box thinking to help the section gain ownership of a topic or news story
• Break down medical jargon for readers in an accurate way to ensure the article content is understandable
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Knowledge of standard AP style as well as staying up-to-date on Fox News' style is imperative for this role
• A bachelor's degree and have professional experience in a news environment.
• Knowledge of a working newsroom and the ability to produce under tight deadlines in high-pressure situations
• Passion for the health and wellness category and the ability to change tasks quickly depending on the news cycle