Producer I - State Of The Union
Washington, DC US
We are looking for a Producer/Writer-DC to join the Inside Politics team in Washington, DC.
• Pitching, researching, planning guest segments and/or packages as needed. Identifying guests, video elements, graphic elements (including relevant fonts).
• Coordinating execution of segments live from control room when needed, to ensure the most effective pursuit of the vision of the segment.
• Developing graphics for pieces or entire programs based on theme.
• Writing: pulling together all elements of segments and writing anchor intros, teases, fonts and text for graphics.
• Collaborating with newsgathering and Media Operations to obtain the best elements.
• Collaborating with the Row to ensure the best script.
• Writing day-of scripts for program: promos, teases, opens, news, features.
• Effectively using video, graphics and fonts on all assigned stories.
• Four years broadcast newswriting and/or producing experience preferred; five years a plus.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
• Excellent writing skills-style, language, accuracy, organization, balance.
• Ability to produce quality work quickly.
• Understanding politics and explaining it to a wide audience.
• Flexibility-ability to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style.
• Attitude- must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
• Strong production vision- ability to envision a segment or package and turn it into reality.
• Self-starter ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site