Data Operations VP
New York, NY
WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV is seeking an accounting professional to join our team as a News Business Manager. This full-time permanent position serves our stations located in New York, NY, reporting to the Director of Planning and Operations. This role is focused on financial activities of the station's news department including budgeting and forecasting the costs of news related activities. Payroll is the most significant cost in a news operation so the News Business Manager will be involved in reviewing newsroom payroll. The News Business Manager is expected to be able to maintain analysis summarizing news related costs vs both budget, current forecast and prior years to assist both News and Station management in controlling news expenditures.
Some responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
• Helping to create the annual budgets for the news and related production departments and to prepare monthly forecasts, working with the department managers of those areas.
• Analyzing data and creating reports to communicate with News management and other station management, streamlining and tracking the current news related payroll process to identify opportunities that will create greater operational efficiency.
• Assist with annual budgeting process and continuous payroll forecasting including headcount analysis.
• The candidate will also be required to help process payroll for news and production employees including various union payments and payroll overrides.
• This person will also need to interface with the central Controller's organization at Television Stations for any adjustments necessary in the general ledger relating to the News and production operation.
• Degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 2 years experience in finance environment
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office software tools, specifically Excel and Word.
• Be well organized with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Possess ability to quality review own work.
• Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally.
• Must be a team player who works well with a group.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision while fulfilling all obligations.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site