Los Angeles, CA
• To write and edit VO's and VOSOT's for broadcast
• Oversee and organize production elements of newscasts.
• Order graphics and generate copy for teases and bumps.
• Work closely with Executive Producers, field crews and Assignment Desk to maximize daily resources and appropriately reflect the news of the day.
• Desktop editing skills required
• Works in the control room during live newscasts and communicates with the production staff and talent.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• At least 2 years of experience in a top ten market newsroom preferred.
• ENPS and Adobe Premiere experience preferred
• ENG/dejero experience preferred
• Candidates must demonstrate a passion for news. This includes reading competitive websites, and follow social media daily.
• Suggest story ideas daily
• Strong organizational and communication skills needed
• Leadership ability, positive attitude and creativity a must
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site