London, United Kingdom
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Lead Animator is responsible for designing and creating the motion of computer graphics characters within a shot while overseeing the animation of a sequence of shots on a specific production. Determines the creative and aesthetic approach to animation. Decides the character performance direction and leads the animation crew to deliver the expected and desired performance.
• Works closely with the film’s director in determining the creative and aesthetic approach to the animation.
• Assists in crewing the best talent for the project.
• Responsible for insuring the quality of the character performance and acting continuity across the film.
• Using a variety of software packages, creates animation for cg characters within a series of shots of significant complexity; steps in as needed to assist animators and troubleshoots as needed.
• Mentors and trains lower level animation crew in performing tasks relative to the overall professional development of the animators.
• Proven track record for delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television genres.
• Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Traditional Animation working in cel, stopmotion or computer animation working on feature films.
• Proven track record of successfully working in a supervisory capacity on several animation productions.
• Must have an advanced awareness of animation principles, including acting and action.
• Must have an extremely creative and critical eye for guiding the quality of the animation.
• Must be a skilled decision maker, problem solver and an exceptional communicator.
• Expert knowledge of various software applications. Technical expertise is a plus.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site