Sacramento, CA US
The Anchor/Video Journalist is responsible for anchoring daily news and performing video journalist duties as assigned. This position will report to the News Director.
• Anchor newscasts in an energetic and professional manner including conducting live interviews and relaying pertinent breaking news information to viewers
• Gather news information and facts to write scripts
• Work directly with News Director and News Producer on rundown development
• Perform the Multi Media Journalist duties during the work week as needed
• Must be able to work independently using a camera for news gathering
• Report live from news locations
• This individual will be responsible for writing and editing daily stories, as well as gather material to contribute building the rundown
• Individual will also be responsible to assist in the production of the live broadcast
• Individual will be expected to participate in community events and station activities from time to time as master of ceremonies and/or Host as requested by the station.
• At least 5 years' experience as reporter, Multi Media
Journalist and Anchor in a top 25 market
• Editing Skills with various editing software including
• BA or BS in Journalism, Communications or Political
• Must have excellent writing skills in Spanish and English as well as very strong speech skills
• Must be able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly live breaking news
• Able to respond quickly and accurately to breaking news with Live Cut-ins
• Enterprise story pitching and reporting skills preferred
• Candidate must work effectively with others in a team oriented environment.
• Must be able to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
• Must be able to work effectively with others in a team environment
• Must be willing to work long hours, varying shifts
(including nights and weekends) and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when necessary
• Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories.
• Must be willing to work in Sacramento, CA area and able to travel as needed
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Independent problem solving & multi-tasking
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news environment in addition to standard hours.
• Excellent driving record
• Must be completely fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write)
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process
• Strong English, reading, writing and speaking
• High competitive nature
• Creative with unique story ideas for development
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site