Los Angeles, CA US
Development Tester (Apex Legends)
We're is looking for a Development Tester who will embrace our studio philosophy and share their hard-earned expertise by being a voice for quality for the Respawn team.
Our analysts are expected to be passionate about games and experts at validating designer's intentions against execution.
Development Tester (12 month temporary role)
Please note that this is not a permanent position
The Development Tester role applies both black-box and grey-box testing, utilizing data and automated testing to identify issues throughout the whole lifetime of a project. They will review designs early and often to make sure that the title reduces the amount of bugs it creates. They will generate and adjust test plans, which requires strong test strategies and experience with challenge the product to ensure a very high level of quality is achieved.
• Identify, isolate, regress and communicate bugs effectively and efficiently. Focus on high complexity, hard to isolate and potentially high impact bugs
• Develop in-depth understanding of systems/area under their ownership and communicate progress, status and risks. Requires a deep understanding of system architecture and implementation.
• Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback on features with issues to improve in-game features by solid data analysis to support the suggested changes
• Analyze and report potential risks of features and systems and escalate as appropriate
• Able to recognize and prioritize issues in the bug database to expedite bug-fixing efforts
• Identify opportunities for QA to provide early design feedback alongside defect prevention and defect containment activities
• Perform a variety of testing types across multiple features - exploratory testing, requirements based testing, and ad hoc testing and regression testing, etc.
• Capture and update key project and test knowledge through wikis, documents etc.
• Excellent understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures
• Game engine experience
• Understanding of the software development life cycle and how it applies to QA
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including accurate and timely reporting
• Strong observational skills, analytical and results-oriented
• Strong problem-solving skills, and a passion to learn.
• Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and features and meet responsibilities without constant supervision
• 3+ years of professional working experience in a production or quality-driven role