Part Time Job
- Part Time
KOCO-TV has an opening for a highly
skilled, ambitious, hardworking part-time Associate Producer to work in
our newsroom. The qualified candidate will assist producers in all aspects
of producing a newscast. This will include running TelePrompter for news
broadcasts, writing stories, creating graphics, researching information and
using video. Associate Producers also assist in making phone calls to
gather information about stories. In addition to writing for our broadcasts,
our associate producers are also assigned to write/post stories daily to our
website and social media sites. The ideal candidate will have strong
organizational, writing and tape editing skills. This is a wonderful
opportunity for someone looking to get his or her foot in the door and get
started in a career in journalism.
• Write copy for daily newscasts and edit videos.
• Assist producers and reporters with research.
• Operate TelePrompter.
• Communicate effectively with assignment editors, producers, reporters, photographers, editors production staff and news managers.
• Have an understanding of social media and be able to produce content on our digital platforms.
• Researching and writing stories for television and digital platforms.
• Making follow up calls and beat calls.
• Writing, editing, producing experience in a professional or college newsroom.
• Military journalism experience will be considered.
• Familiarity with social media.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Ability to work on deadlines.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Knowledge of ENPS is a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred with an emphasis in communications or journalism or equivalent work experience or military training from Defense
Information School (DINFOS).