Content Producer For Newsource Distribution
This is our story
The Row has been described as CNN's editorial gatekeeper. It's a quality control unit that is on the frontline of protecting CNN's brand. On an average weekday, The Row will vet dozens of pieces, for TV and digital platforms, including everything from a reporter package on flooding in Omaha to a digital write on a terror investigation to a digital video on the latest mobile device.
The Row researchers are an essential and critical link in the approval of content prior to broadcast and publication - checking their factual accuracy, looking for background information and context. They are also occasionally involved in special projects that demand more in-depth research. The working environment is fast-paced and demanding; researchers are expected to get the best out of dozens of research tools. They are an integral part of a team that ensures CNN's reporting across all platforms is 100 percent accurate, that our story-telling is as good as it can be and that TV scripts and digital pieces are vetted and approved as fast as possible.
• Checking all verifiable facts in reporter scripts and other content for the CNN Networks, CNN Digital and CNN Newsource, including documentaries and some affiliate reports
• The researchers help manage the workflow of Row Editors and work closely with them on approving scripts
• They also prepare background information and deep research for special projects and during rolling coverage or breaking news
• The Row researchers sometimes support field correspondents by assisting package producers
• But this position is pre-eminently an editorial one, demanding detailed up-to-date knowledge of news stories, an ability to find and marshal reliable sources and communicate effectively with show EPs, reporters and The Row Editors
• Successful candidates will have strong analytical skills, attention to detail, the ability to find answers to very specific questions - as well as an intense interest in events here and around the world
• Applicants must have professional-level knowledge of Spanish
• Some editorial experience at either university or post-graduation required
• Substantial practical experience using online sources for research is required
• Field reporting or production experience at university or post-graduation desirable
• Prior research experience or experience as a newsroom assistant or AP desirable
• The ability to work quickly under pressure and collaborate closely with others is essential
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site