St. Louis, MO
The Regional Business Manager oversees and manages financial and accounting responsibilities for multiple television stations/markets within a specified region.
• Provide business planning and analysis to various groups within the organization (Finance, Accounting, GM and RVP)
• Key player in the preparation of annual TV Market budgets in conjunction with Market GM
• Prepare monthly financial analysis
• Work closely with General Managers and Department Heads to capture and translate business activity for monthly and quarterly reporting periods
• Counsel with assigned stations on a regular and routine basis
• Review and approve TV market invoices
• Communicate and translate key business information between TV Market and the Corporate office
• Analyze and explain monthly budget variances
• Oversee the monthly commission approval process
• Oversee the monthly AR collection monitoring at the assigned markets
• Preparation of quarterly SOX compliance package
• Preparation of accounting journal entries related to Prepaid and Accrued expense accounts.
• Review of certain balance sheet reconciliations
• Monthly close responsibilities
• Maintain Trade Agreements and operating contracts executed during the quarter
• Enforce internal control and other corporate accounting policies and procedures
• Undertake special projects as directed by Director of RBMs, RVP, or Corporate VP
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting with a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience. CPA and/or MBA preferred
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
• Must be well organized, confident, flexible, multi-tasker, and be able to work independently.
• Must be a strong team player and exhibit great collaboration skills
• Interpersonal Savvy- relates well with all people
• Builds rapport and effective relations and uses diplomacy and tact
• Problem solving & decision making- uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems, finds sources for input, makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site