VP, Original Series
Los Angeles, CA
Vice President, Head Of Development - Film 45 Content
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• In partnership with the EVPs, Current Programming oversee development projects from creation, through pitch, to green-light, and into production;
• Manage development team including developing team talent, identifying strengths of the team members, provide counseling and guidance when necessary, and acting as the leader directing the team to make decisions which support the company slate;
• Prioritize, dictate direction, and create strategy for the Film 45 non-scripted development slate;
• Fully develop ideas into sellable, non-scripted series and specials which align with the overall tone of the Film 45 slate;
• Oversee the creation and conceptualization of pitch decks, sizzles, formats, and treatments for the Film 45 slate of projects. Prepare packages for development team to pitch;
• Possess a keen eye for stylization, design, verbiage, and over all concept, as well as provide constructive feedback to make improvements, changes, and steer direction of projects to align with overall aesthetic;
• Participate in and evaluate outside pitches from production companies, directors, and producers;
• Meet with and identify talent including showrunners, producers, directors, graphic designers who have the potential to create, collaborate on, and develop projects, as well as source possible materials, books, stories and scripts for consideration in future non-scripted projects for Film 45;
• Build rapport and maintains strong relationships with producers/production companies, agents and networks;
• Work with Endeavor Content, Film 44 and 47 to partner with and develop non-scripted series, including identifying scripted projects that have potential to be developed in the non-scripted space;
• Manage any development-related productions including overseeing budgets;
• Oversee and manage the annual department budget allocating funds towards staff, resources, production budgets, and outside consultation;
• Maintain a working knowledge of non-scripted landscape and applicable persons, stay atop of trends in scripted, non-scripted, digital, applications, etc., possess a general interest and like in pop-culture/entertainment;
• Collaborate with Business Affairs and Production colleagues to ensure project deals reach a successful commercial conclusion;
• Represent the company at applicable industry conferences and various events (MIPCOM, MIPTV, Realscreen).
Education and Work Experience:
• 7+ years industry experience with increasing levels of responsibility and applicable history;
• Experience in television development required and relevant production company experience preferred;
• The individual must possess the ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management, ranging from senior corporate executives to business unit managers and third parties;
• Excellent people management skills, including strong communication and leadership abilities;
• A proven track record of developing extraordinary and unique content;
• Proven project management skills;
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
• Bachelor's degree or higher is preferred.
• Strong skills in organization and multitasking;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in relation to company project slate, as well as company strategies and discretion surrounding staff matters;
• Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills;
• Demonstrate a sense of urgency and prioritization relating to tasks and project slate;
• General knowledge of unscripted landscape and applicable trends;
• Demonstrate an ability to identify various and unique opportunities to increase company value.
• The VP, Head of Development manages the development of unscripted programming for Film 45. This position requires a strong network of talent, producers, and writers to collaborate with; as well as understands the current unscripted landscape to identify and develop ideas that will be profitable and successful for the company and stay true to the values of the company. This position is the primary lead in the development process for the company and will guide the direction of the company slate. This position is responsible for developing, pitching and packaging non-scripted show ideas and formats. With the EVPs, Current Programming, this position creates workflows and processes for the development team.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.