Woodland Hills, CA
Infinity Ward is looking for an Online Engineer. The work will encompass all elements of multiplayer online games, including new and unique online features, security, infrastructure design, operations management and defining future technologies. This position is a rare opportunity to join a growing team, shape the next generation of online gaming, and have a hand in a multi-million-unit selling franchise.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Architect new networking systems for the game client, game server, and backend.
• Bring new ideas and fresh techniques to the table.
• Develop, design and maintain existing online features.
• Work with Multiplayer Designers to fully realize their visions.
• Work with QA to maintain bug free code and detect and eliminate network load issues.
• Proficiency in C and C++ .
• Console programming experience with the ability to create clean, efficient, and well-tested code.
• B.S. in Computer Science and/or Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
• Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Interest in games, preferably first-person shooters.
• Strong background and knowledge in server architecture and TCP/IP networking.
• Knowledge of networking protocols (UDP) and patterns used for online games.
• Understanding of the implementation requirements of client-server and peer-to-peer networking models.
• Understanding of REST and MySQL or other relational databases.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site