Corporate Communications Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Mateo, CA US
Portfolio Manager (PlayStation Studios)
San Mateo, CA
Do you want to be a part of a brand-new groundbreaking team at PlayStation? We are looking for a Portfolio Manager to be the point of contact and liaison for PlayStation Studios as a valued voice on game quality, industry trends, and supporting long-term portfolio planning.
As Portfolio Manager you are a key member of the PlayStation Studios product team at PlayStation's Corporate HQ in San Mateo, CA. You will help deliver the high quality, exciting portfolio of games for which PlayStation is known. As a partner to the PlayStation Studios teams, you will evaluate titles' by conducting internal quality reviews, and provide game builds and demo support for a wide group of internal teams, such as media teams and internal leadership. You will assist in long-range title roadmap planning, including both internal and external development, by assessing and tracking the constantly evolving landscape of gaming.
• Work with External and Internal studios to provide studio and leadership with development evaluations and quality assessments by playing and reviewing game builds to create internal mock reviews for senior leadership throughout the game development process
• Keep track of PlayStation Studios and third party studio content, with an eye on emerging trends in gaming
• Curate and coordinate various gaming builds for leadership reviews, as well as initiatives related to PR, social, events, and PlayStation internal events
• Create write ups and reviews of internal builds using Powerpoint or Word
• Support portfolio strategy by analyzing the market performance of current titles, serving as an industry analyst
• Assist with PlayStation Studios IP integration opportunities
• Knowledgeable, passionate, and regular player of video games - Indies to AAA blockbusters!
• Ability to objectively analyze and review game builds from the perspective of various types of consumers
• 3+ years in the game industry, yielding a wide understanding of the gaming market
• Comfortable managing and troubleshooting the technical aspects of in-development game builds
• Standard MS office professional level experience required i.e. Excel, PowerPoint
• Bachelor's degree
• Developer, publisher or gaming press experience highly preferred
• Worked with PR and social teams to effectively showcase titles
• Extensive experience playing and assessing early builds of games
• Ability to apply insights from customer research and analytics to tackle business problems