Software Development Engineer in Test
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Software Development Engineer in Test (Contract)
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Waterloo, ON (Canada)
Do you have a passion for test-driven development and automation? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.
• Owns building and setting up Test Automation frameworks to test PlayStation console features.
• Drives testing of complex projects across multiple-teams and disciplines. Evaluates gaps in Testing and drives solutions to write high quality automation to increase Test coverage.
• Partners with developers to ensure test coverage and builds test plans that help deliver high quality features
• Writes automation scripts for features with key characteristics of stability and maintainability which prevents regressions in the product code.
• Works effectively to build automation infrastructure to create CI Pipelines, enable automation runs, develop visualization tools and evangelize them with various QA teams.
• Passionate about Quality and strives to improves process, proposes best practices and drives their usage within the teams.
• Mentors the team members and provides technical leadership by reviewing test plans, automation scripts, and provides actionable feedback.
• Communicates on testing strategy, technical subjects related to testing frameworks, and collaborates effectively with the globally distributed teams to achieve the business goals.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
• At least four years or equivalent experience in UI automation for web applications
• Experience with version control solutions (both centralized and distributed)
• Experience writing command-line scripts using either Node.js or similar
• Experience developing or testing a mobiles devices
• Experience with at least one modern web application framework such as Angular/Ember.js/React
• Experience with Selenium or Appium
• Experience with asynchronous programming and Promises
• Experience creating testing frameworks
• Experience writing code in Python
• Familiar with the Page Object Pattern
• Experience with configuring CI pipelines such as Jenkins
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Can do attitude; yet challenges status quo
• Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethic
• Able to work quickly and productively in a fast-paced environment
• A passion for robust code