Manager, Post Production
Madrid, ES ES
Netflix's Spain team - responsible for great television series like La Casa de Papel, Elite, Valeria, Las Chicas del Cable and more - is seeking an experienced Coordinator who will provide support to the Business & Legal Affairs team based in Madrid. The successful candidate will have prior experience in a business affairs and/or legal setting, will be highly-organized, self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple responsibilities on a large portfolio of international productions with an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-paced role that requires curiosity and significant initiative.
The role will support the Business & Legal Affairs team internally, whilst also being a key point of support for external partners if needed. The candidate will have broad responsibility for coordinating the management and dissemination of a high volume of contracts relating to content production and acquisition in Spain.
Collaborative working is a must, a technical understanding of the production stages and great logistical skills are core. Legal skills are not mandatory but would be positively valued.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Effective understanding of legal documents to source, update and manage internal trackers and databases.
• Contract administration and document management.
• Overseeing the collection of key production-related documentation from partners and liaising with external stakeholders to ensure successful legal delivery of production.
• Effective project management on multiple productions to ensure timely and accurate delivery of legal assets.
• Proactively learning about new innovation efforts and updating cross-functional partners on the latest product features, tests, and initiatives.
• Liaise between business & legal affairs and internal studio engineering teams to develop improvements in studio tools.
• Reviewing legal documents in relation to the productions, analyzing internal trends, and determining a path for better archiving and analysis of information.
• Track and manage business & legal affairs needs throughout production lifecycle, keep business & legal affairs execs and stakeholders apprised of status.
• Support the business & legal affairs execs reviewing schedules, documents and workflows, while facilitating cross-functional communication.
• Increasing team operational efficiency.
• Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary.
• Fluency in Spanish and English
• At least 3 years of content-related work experience in television, music or film
• Legal or paralegal knowledge positively valued
• Prior experience with contract management, administration, and/or legal delivery
• High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines; proven track record of improving team operating efficiency
• Ability to supervise several projects in different stages of production (from development through delivery)
• Team-player who thrives in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Refined ability to prioritize and perform tasks accordingly
• Curiosity and willingness to proactively self-develop
• Tech-savvy individual and quick to adapt to new or changing systems
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
• Understand, advocate, and embody the Netflix culture and team goals