Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Mateo, CA US
San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC has an exciting opportunity for a talented litigation paralegal. In this role, you will work with a seasoned team of attorneys and paralegals in our litigation group. This role will have exposure to the daily functions of a fast-paced legal department. If you are highly organized, have experience supporting attorneys, and have experience as a litigation paralegal, then we'd love to hear from you. Join us at PlayStation, where Greatness Awaits!
The SIE Legal Department provides legal and business advice and guidance in a manner that supports and promotes the goals and business of Sony Interactive Entertainment, and that reflects the ethics and standards of Sony Corporation.
• Support attorneys and work with other paralegals focused on litigation, pre-litigation disputes, and law-enforcement data requests
• Maintain internal litigation case files and calendars
• Assist in company responses to law-enforcement requests for data
• Assist with preparation for presentations and meetings
• Assist outside counsel in using an e-billing software solution
• Assist with litigation budget tracking
• Maintain a library of templates and legal resources
• Scan, copy, and mail documents
• Draft letters and basic agreements
• Upload to and pull contracts from a contract-management database
• Various other duties as assigned.
• At least 2 years' of paralegal experience in a similar role, preferably in a law firm or corporate legal department environment
• Undergrad degree (e.g., B.A. or B.S.) or alternative relevant experience
• Strict confidentiality with internal information
• Strong organization and communication, both written and spoken
• Ability to manage multiple calendars and projects effectively and efficiently
• Strong ability to use word-processing and email applications (e.g., MS Word, Excel, G Suite Docs, Outlook)
• Experience with Pacer, Lexis-Nexis, Conga Novatus and SimpleLegal
• Paralegal certificate