Associate Producer, Español
Atlanta, GA US
This critical leader is in charge of prioritizing and driving CNN International's news agenda - both breaking and day to day news stories.
• The Director of Coverage is responsible for a team of international journalists that discover, chase and verify daily news lines from around the world with particular emphasis on the weekend platforms, both digital and programming.
• The Director is audience focused and has a clear understanding of how content reaches audiences on different platforms.
• S/he is responsible for accuracy, creativity and brand of CNN.
The ideal candidate:
• Loves breaking news, enterprise reporting, delivering scoops and developing stories and themes of coverage.
• Has hunger for chasing news lines, advancing reporting on long running stories and can work to tight deadlines.
• Knows how to coordinate and direct newsgathering in the field and on social and/or other digital platforms.
• Puts the audiences first and considers who the target audience(s) are for each story.
• Thinks in headlines, visuals and framing, connecting dots and creating understanding along the way.
• Is up to date with latest technology in field production, content distribution and broadcasting.
• Is an excellent manager that shapes a team and rewards teamwork.
• Is a tireless collaborator and navigator of the people and systems at CNN.
• Protects and enhances CNN newsgathering's industry leading operation.
• The right candidate sees opportunity here and can work across platforms and departments and genres (e.g. television, digital, shows, affiliates, audio etc) to guide storytelling and direct news coverage.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site