Washington, DC US
This position requires exceptional leadership abilities in the control room, including directing staff, staff development, and program development. The Director is responsible for directing and switching in a fast-paced news and show production environment.
• Responsible for developing and implementing a vision for the program, in concert with the editorial leadership, management and the directors working on the program in other cities.
• This includes long term show planning, as well as determining the forms and content for daily programming.
• Communicates clearly and with authority, representing the views of the producers, when executing a program.
• Coordinates incoming live shots with Feeds/QC and the Assignment Desk.
• Responsible for contributing to a creative and original product that is a reflection of CNNs programming mission.
• Must be able to translate onto the screen the vision for the program.
• Areas of responsibility or approval can include show design and format, set design, lighting, blocking, graphics, show changes, music, sight survey and set-up, live and tape production direction; interacting with all of the experts in these areas.
• Provides technical leadership and management for control room activities and personnel, enforcing CNNs control room policies and procedures.
• Participates in the performance evaluations and provides regular performance feedback to technical and editorial staff.
• Must be a supporter of technology improvements and advancements.
• Maintains established news standards and practices, corporate policies, procedures, quality and safety guidelines.
• Required to input on the building and design of any new technical facilities.
• Required to handle remote broadcasts as needed.
• Required to submit a written report on daily product to CNN management.
• Five years of live production experience
• Operational knowledge of all control room positions
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, TV production, or related field.
• In lieu of degree we would consider experience and on the job accomplishment.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site