Assistant Manager, Content Strategy
Universal City, CA US
Assistant Manager will act as the content servicing contact for Latin American and Asia Linear and Local New Media clients whose platforms include: FREE TV, BASIC CABLE, PAY TV, EST, VOD, SVOD, FOD, others. This position's core purpose will be to coordinate and fulfill content deliveries based on contractual terms between NBCUniversal and client. Material availability research, creating and submitting work orders, and tracking all deliveries is required.
• Work closely with Sales, Sales Administration, Legal, Marketing, Publicity, Internal and External Labs and Vendors, Mastering Teams and Storage facilities to ensure that all necessary materials are properly created and serviced to TVD licensees.
• Create purchase orders, maintain and update purchase order and inventory systems with relevant information. Update internal records with material delivery confirmations
• Be the first point of contact for operational inquiries between Studio and Client.
• Respond in a timely manner to all internal and external questions and concerns regarding NBC Universal TV Distribution product or deliveries.
• Take ownership of content delivery processes from start to finish.
• Address delivery or licensee related distribution concerns quickly and succinctly
• Maintain status reports for all product licensed, delivery requirements and status of servicing
• Troubleshoot content delivery rejections and delivery failures between vendors and clients. Investigate and resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Support local new media account manager's programming initiatives and campaigns by providing reports and/or operational advice
• Lead onboarding processes with new clients. Update internal TVD records with technical specifications requirements for licensees
• Handle the research of master materials needed to service client materials, including time sensitive launches
• Create and deliver screening sample materials as requested by various Sales groups
• Implement creation of new workflows as necessary
• Perform other related duties as requested by management
• Bachelor's degree
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California
• Knowledge of videotape, digital encoding formats and electronic delivery methods
• Proficient with Microsoft Office 2010 applications, i.e. Excel and Outlook
• Positive work ethic with high degree of integrity and professionalism
• Team player who is willing to be flexible and responsive to the business/department needs.
• Proven ability to successfully and professionally communicate with clients and vendors, both verbally and in writing
• Takes initiative to understand the business and ask questions if unsure of task requirements
• Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision under tight deadlines.
• Excellent time management skills
• Strong organizational and administrative skills; must have excellent attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with high-profile clients; some high-profile Studio employees
• Ability to quickly aggregate and process large amounts of information from a variety of sources
• Ability to maintain a calm demeanor, especially under pressure.
• Communicate with external and internal clients/customers/co-workers professionally and respectfully
• Willing to assist teammates with content deliveries and/or resolving delivery concerns, where needed
• Foreign Language Skills in Latin American Spanish or Brazilian Portuguese or Asia language(s) a plus, but not required
• Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
• Prior Experience in Film/TV Distribution, Post-Production or Operations
• Customer Service orientated