Master Control Supervisor
Las Vegas, NV US
KSNV has an immediate opening for a creative Digital Content Producer! In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our (morning, evening or weekend) newscasts, as well as working closely with the Executive Producer, Director and Assignment Desk on the newscast and its content. You will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and also develop content for our web site. The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer, and be able to multitask and manage their time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. The candidate must have at least 1-2 years of previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station.
• Previous experience as a web writer, web editor is strongly encouraged
• Experience in a newsroom setting on the Assignment Desk is also preferred
• An understanding of Inergize or a similar CMS
• Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy. This includes, but is not limited to, AP style writing, attention to grammar and a sense of urgency when breaking news happens.
• Ability to communicate effectively with reporters, management and online viewers
• Advanced computer knowledge and an understanding of HTML/CSS coding
• General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines for both the assignment desk and the website
• Expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter and emerging social media
• Updating and maintaining News3LV.com and the CW page
• Keeping Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social platforms updated throughout the day
• Editing and posting relevant materials from reporters and producers onto the website
• Back-end HTML editing to create graphics and ever-changing sections to News3LV.com and the CW page. CSS Skills preferred
• Creating web-based content from materials gathered by photographers and reporters
• Gathering news affecting the community
• Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
• Assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
• Listening and responding to scanner traffic
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site