Dubbing Production Supervisor
It's an exciting time to join Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment globally. We are bringing new stories to millions of people worldwide by promoting our original, exclusive content. A key to growth is our ability to translate and adapt culturally most things Netflix creates, from beautiful user interfaces to cinematic original programming. As we move beyond 193 million members and hundreds of partnerships worldwide, we are looking for talented individuals to drive better creative outcomes for our global presence.
Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What is special about Netflix, among other things, is our Culture.
We treat each country we enter differently since it is not just about translation, it is about providing our audience with an experience that feels local, and we do it at scale.
Our team is looking for an experienced Regional Language Manager to drive and manage the language strategy for several South East Asian languages (Thai, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Chinese) on the Netflix product and content, and will work closely with external resources and internal stakeholders and partners at Netflix in order to deliver the best user experience to our members in the region.
This highly motivated individual will be based in our APAC hub in Singapore and work closely with the rest of the Globalization team in the US, Asia and Europe.
• Develop linguistic and cultural standards and guidelines, define quality expectations across the whole localized user experience (product and content), including supporting the development of style guides, glossaries, tone and voice of Netflix product (UI, navigation, synopses) and content (subtitling, title name localization, marketing) in the SEA region.
• Monitor the linguistic quality output of each language in your region using our internal MQM-based LQA model and other internal quality metrics and KPIs, and provide feedback and context to the translation teams for each of the languages/markets supported, in order to ensure the best resource fit for the highest quality impact.
• Communicate proactively with Globalization cross-functional teams to anticipate, identify and fix linguistic, product, and subtitling issues related to your region.
• Proactively engage with relevant regional stakeholders in the Singapore office (e.g. Marketing, PR, Social) for additional context and insights on high visibility titles and to define and influence the best creative and linguistic approach for top priority content.
• Facilitate collaboration between internal stakeholders (in Singapore and the US) and Vendors, making sure the necessary resources have access to the relevant information, and advising on best course of action regarding localization processes.
• Collaborate closely with other Globalization Language Managers and internal stakeholders (e.g. Globalization Program Managers, Content Acquisition teams) to collect relevant cultural and linguistic information about Netflix South East Asian International Originals content and support the localization effort to bring this content to a global audience.
• Partner with our International Dubbing team to influence the language strategy of local language dubbed assets for Netflix branded and unbranded content in the region.
• Gain deep product knowledge and awareness of product and content data for the SEA region and define quality expectations through research and A/B testing/
• Proactively engage with internal and regional stakeholders to drive regional product initiatives and create an optimized and consistent local experience and ecosystem for our SEA members.
• 10+ years experience in managing language quality and localization programs at a strategic and language-agnostic level - experience in entertainment localization and subtitling/dubbing a plus.
• Strong business acumen and proven stakeholder management skills.
• Proven experience in translation, localization and language quality management.
• Ability to show initiative, work independently and drive initiatives at a strategic level.
• Fluency in English and native knowledge of at least one South East Asian language (Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian or Malay a plus)
• Strong knowledge of the movie/entertainment industry in the SEA region.
• Experience in creative writing and media/journalism a plus.
• Deep understanding of localization specificities and pitfalls.
• Eagerness to embrace a culture of candid feedback.
• Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to travel often in region (between Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Mumbai) as well as to the US on a regular basis, as external conditions permits.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site