Are you ready to lead an emerging reporting vertical at ABC News? Are you committed to telling stories of people that are often overlooked and underreported? ABC News is looking for senior level producing talent to drive and expand our storytelling to present audiences with deeper reporting at the intersection of race, politics and culture. Across the landscape of ABC News programming, the network of Senior Producers will guide daily reporting and special coverage in a space that is dynamic and requires deeper investigation, delivering breaking news, relevant interviews and incisive investigative reports.
The Senior Producer reports to the Nightline Executive Producer. They will also manage the editorial process as a show Senior Producer.
You'd lead a dynamic, tight-knit team that works together to bring important news and impactful stories to audiences in an interesting, intelligent way.
• Responsibilities include developing ideas for daily stories on race & culture, managing the editorial process, line producing, and generating new ideas for future content. Candidates must be able to effectively manage story assignments and show production in addition to supervising junior staff. Candidates should have a minimum of ten years' experience in television journalism. Control room experience is preferred. The ideal candidate will offer creative and innovative ideas for better story-telling as well as have the ability to work under deadline. They will also collaborate with other network shows for joint projects or special features and brainstorm different story angles and ways to increase social media presence. Understanding of digital platforms and social media preferred.
Please apply if you have:
• 10 years of journalism experience; with significant experience producing longform storytelling
• Significant reporting experience and sources in the area of Race & Culture
• The energy to juggle both show production and staff management;
• Insatiable curiosity - you just have to dig deeper to find the truth;
• Experience running the control room and line producing;
• Strong editorial judgment;
• Tenacity to pitch the stories you believe in; and
• Experience performing well under pressure - - think breaking news-type situations.
It would also be nice if you are:
• Proficient in relevant languages, including Spanish
• A natural leader - you can inspire teams to bring their ''A'' game;
• A pro at social media and other digital tools; and
• Motivated: You're the person who can tackle any task – and wants to.
You have a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.