Network Provisioning Engineer
Los Angeles, CA US
Fox Television Stations is one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
FOX Television is a leader in local broadcasting and embarking on a journey to create an innovative business unit within a mature business to disrupt and grow in the area of digital media. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, collaborative leader with excellent communication skills with meticulous attention to detail, and embodies a winning attitude and brings cohesion and coordination to the company to drive successful products.
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Product and works closely with digital content journalists and engineers to develop, deliver and drive our product vision and roadmap, as well as manage the day-to-day product process and function. This role requires someone with strong business judgment, a thorough understanding of current web trends and technologies & product management best practices while keeping in mind the user experience. We are looking for candidates with a passion for ideating and conceptualizing best-in-class digital products and experiences, and who can translate these qualities into winning Internet products and services. You should be an Agile expert who understands how to decompose and prioritize business and design requirements into work that can be delivered consistently by a team of engineers. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Inform product roadmap with new, justifiable ideas to enhance user experience, existing site functionality and introduce new features that align with FOX TV Stations business objectives, which may include site re-designs, site optimizations and new product launches
• Lead and implement various product initiatives from conception to launch
• Continuously monitor and assess site performance and user feedback in order to drive informed product decisions for enhancement and improvement
• Conduct and lead project definition activities including business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, etc.
• Own project timelines and drive deliverables to completion
• Maintain a deep understanding of emerging digital media platforms and articulate developments, trends and opportunities
• Work closely with product leadership, design, and engineering teams to plan and launch projects on time, on budget and on spec
• Facilitate the communication throughout the development process between multiple internal teams including engineering, marketing, editorial, and digital sales
• Stay abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies in order to provide sound product recommendations and updates to executive management
• Minimum 7+ years of overall product management experience
• Comfortable managing and interacting with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders, such as Journalists and Developers
• Heavy analytical, problem solving, project management and organizational skills
• A passion for usability and a good eye for consumer-friendly design & strong attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong leadership instincts, business judgment, understanding of current web trends and technologies, and mastery of product management best practices
• Solid understanding of advertising performance and site monetization in order to incorporate into product features seamlessly
• Exceptional organizational and quantitative analytical skills
• Experience with site optimization and using A/B multivariate testing
• Proven ability to distill business and product requirements into actionable tasks for creative and development team members
• Understanding of information architecture strongly preferred
• Experience with user experience documentation including sitemaps, wireframes, interaction designs, use cases and navigation models strongly preferred
• UX/UI design experience a plus
• Front end programming skills a plus