Editorial Producer, Bill Hemmer Reports
New York, NY
Fox News is looking for a talented and experienced Freelance Associate Producer to join Watters' World. As a Freelance Associate Producer, you have a knack for storytelling and know what it takes to stop the viewers from changing the channel. You are a creative go-getter with sound editorial skills and in-depth knowledge of the news. You will have the opportunity to work with top-tier guests and produce live and taped segments. You should have the right attitude, be able to work swiftly under deadline pressure and understand the level of commitment required to work at the #1 cable news channel.
You will be offered the following shift: Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm, with the flexibility to work weekends for live shows.
Please note this freelance position is a short-term assignment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct pre-interviews and in-depth research on a wide range of topics
• Write intros for your segment and coordinate production of all relevant sound, video, and graphics
• Sift through past interviews and stories to find relevant sound, video, and perspectives to use in guest segments
• Identify strong guests, cultivate relationships, and confirm bookings for the show
• Regularly pitch segment and creative story angles to show producers
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A bachelor's degree and or relevant work experience
• 4+ years of experience in television production
• Strong writing skills and editorial judgment
• A passion for current events
• Ability to work weekends
You are masterfully skillful at:
• Finding the best part of a story and making it matter to a national audience
• Multitasking on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
• Prioritizing assignments and meeting deadlines
• Being creative and thinking outside the box
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.