Washington, DC US
The Digital Multimedia Journalist produces, reports, shoots, writes, edits and feeds news production content for our digital platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
The Digital MMJ should be passionate about local news, innovative, and full of creativity and initiative. The Digital MMJ will shoot, edit, and write news stories for our digital platforms and newscasts.
He or she will have a strong understanding of how to effectively use social media to publicize stories and to connect with the audience.
The ideal candidate will have strong news judgment, the ability to work under deadline and a passion for news. He or she will have a strong background in shooting and editing video and writing news stories.
• Gather and verify information for stories through interviews and observation
• Shoots video for news reports
• Edits video clips for digital platforms and for television broadcasts
• Writes news stories for web, social and broadcast.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site