Los Angeles, CA
Video Editor, Series Unsolved (project-based)
BuzzFeed is looking for a creative Video Editor to join our Los Angeles Post-Production team in a project-based capacity cutting for the Unsolved series True Crime + Supernatural. We're looking for someone who can cut a serialized story, and has a strong interest in mystery content. This is a freelance position with a project rate range of $300-400/day depending on experience.
Please see an example of the show here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hq4CtLfnZs&t=132s
• Partner with Producers and Post-Production team editing episodic content for Unsolved
• End-to-end edit multiple videos and formats both unscripted and scripted
• Quickly assemble edits and implement notes from creatives
• Work with GFX Artist to create visual edit, lay in music, + edit unscripted segments
• Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions if needed
• Stay super organized in and follow internal SOPs for project naming conventions
• Collaborate with the Post-Production team to flag and communicate any watch outs with the shoot and scope of creative.
• Replicate editing style of the current show format.
• 3+ years experience working in a professional environment on digital content
• Advanced knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
• Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
• Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
• Passion and knowledge for editing theory
• Experience with designing and laying in GFX/VFX preferred
• Balance and grade color, and mix and level audio within Adobe Premiere
• Advanced knowledge of Post-Production and Production process and equipment
• Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
• Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
• Bachelor's degree in Film, Communication or related field is preferred
• Passion for editing content with a supernatural/mystery theme
• Share 3-5 samples of work you've edited or current reel.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.