Booking Researcher, News
New York, NY
Trending News Writer - PM Shift (project-based)
BuzzFeed is looking for a contracted writer to work with our team working nights. You will take assignments from our night editor to turn around as quickly as possible. You have experience sourcing, pitching, and writing about timely stories. You are plugged into a variety of film and TV shows and have a willingness to obsessively cover them.
This is a three-month contract-based position and available to start immediately. This is a remote position. Residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Washington are encouraged to apply. This position requires working off-hours Sundays through Thursdays. Rate is $30/hr, 40hrs. per week.
• Take assignments from BuzzFeed's Night Editor and execute them quickly
• Create and produce ideas for content based on news of the day
• Dream up evergreen stories for slow news days
• Attend brainstorms and contribute to team goals
• Work weekends and late-night hours
• The ability to cover a wide range of topics including music, tv, film, fashion, beauty, sports, etc.
• Experience writing about sensitive topics
• The ability to find unique angles for major news stories
• Experience writing trending stories required
• A forensic approach to writing about pop culture
• Experience vetting and sourcing photos a plus
• Experience with SEO a plus
• The ability to take perspective of others
• Instead of a formal cover letter, please send a short explanation of why you would be a good fit for this role and what kinds of trending news content you would like to cover for BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site