KTVL is looking for a dynamic and motivated full-time Morning News Anchor/MMJ! In this role, you will help lead early morning newscasts and will help produce daily content on a variety of platforms, including the internet and social networks. It is essential you show examples of extemporaneous breaking news coverage and display the ability to flawlessly ad-lib on a major breaking story. The ideal candidate will be a leader in the newsroom, highly engaged in social media, anxious to anchor from the field and possess the ability communicate in a way with the audience while presenting a credible and engaging newscast.
In addition to being an outstanding journalist with a great personality you need to be a team leader. Our anchors are leaders who participate in the planning of our shows and produce content regularly. A passion for winning news is mandatory! We're also looking for someone who is a self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis. Our candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role! This position calls for a fully engaged anchor who comes in every day with enterprise story ideas and who is ready to jump in and write scripts, post content to our multiple digital platforms, and help out wherever needed. The ideal candidate is someone who can generate original content that impacts our community on a daily basis. This person should be a strong writer, a creative storyteller, active on all news platforms, inquisitive and works well with others. We are looking for a leader, a self-starter, someone who can generate/maintain contacts within the community. You will be required to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet and social networks.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
• Energy & positivity
• Must be a team leader that works well with others
• A self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis
• The ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling
• Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
• Recognize and embrace an anchor's newsroom leadership responsibilities
• Support and encourage a staff of talented reporters and other TV news professionals
• Previous experience working in a team environment is preferred
• Experience with iNEWS and Avid Editing a plus
• Must have 1-2 years of on-air experience as an anchor
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site