As a Taxonomy Data Architect, you will drive the support technology strategy and execution as it relates to support metadata, enabling systems, automation, and understanding top user issues. You will help shape the systems strategy, identify solutions, and drive the technology roadmap as it relates to YouTube issue taxonomy for YouTube support tools (e.g. case management, help center etc) in a matrix environment.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
• Own support platform strategy and solutions for the YouTube Support Taxonomy with engagement, active program management, and leadership in partnership with your engineering, design, and cross-functional peers.
• Work with partners across the YouTube and Google to understand, identify, structure, standardize, and provide master and metadata for further use.
• Define data governance and stewardship procedures in accordance with YouTube standards and develops methods to ensure accuracy, completeness, and uniformity of data, information, and knowledge sources.
• Extend, optimize, and manage YouTube's existing taxonomy, identify master and meta data sources, develop semantic models representing business concepts across YouTube products, and user types (e.g., ontologies and knowledge graphs).
• Articulate prioritized, quantified YouTube business needs clearly to the product, user experience, and engineering teams. Lead and participate in feature team meetings, validate product solutions, and roadmaps.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 7 years of experience in product or systems development/administration for support operations or customer/enterprise customer relationship management (CRM) support environments.
• Experience designing and executing a strategy in cross-functional initiatives.
• Experience with user-oriented approach to problems and product management or design, focusing on software products and technologies.
• Experience in building ontologies and semantic models, owning a product life-cycle, from concept to market to end of life, managing product roadmaps, influencing cross-functional business, and technical teams.
• Experience designing and executing a strategy for complex and cross-functional initiatives in a matrix environment.
• Ability to think creatively, take initiative and be able to learn new technical topics, understand system designs and develop technical skills.
• Ability to clearly structure abstract problems and provide sustainable solutions.
• Ability to lead cross-functional project teams as a subject matter expert, independently work on complex technical topics, and have critical thinking to problem-solving skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0m0p1-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.