Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
• Be responsible for the mentoring, growth, and happiness of your engineers, inspiring them to achieve their goals
• Work across the YouTube Studio organization, ensuring that product engineering teams are productive and have the right tools to do their job
• Work with the leadership team on roadmaps and strategies to ensure teams are working on and building the right things
• Be accountable for the projects your team is working on and contribute technically where necessary
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent practical experience.
• Candidates will typically have 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role; overseeing projects, with 2 years of experience in a people management, supervision/team leadership role.
• Experience working with Mobile (e.g., iOS or Android) development and test automation.
• Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
• Candidates will typically have 3 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization.
• Experience with platform engineering, building tools and infrastructure for engineering teams.
• Experience with DevOps and continuous delivery/deployment concepts.
• Experience with cross-platform tooling.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r79879-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.