YouTube Legal Operations is dedicated to ensuring that YouTube is a place for users, viewers, and creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
As a Legal Operations Specialist, you will uphold our values while balancing the legal and regulatory requirements we face around the world with the needs of YouTube's users, partners, and advertisers. You will handle complex legal issues from all over the world and ensure that removal requests are processed efficiently and accurately. You will focus on delivering solutions and managing cross-functional projects that aim to help our team manage legal issues and regulatory risks. You will be dedicated to providing outstanding customer support, educating internal stakeholders and improving the YouTube legal removals experience for our users.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for working with some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you address unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
• Plan and implement strategies for management of regulatory pressure and compliance efforts that scale to multiple markets.
• Design and drive process improvements and infrastructure solutions to scale our operations and enhance operational quality and transparency.
• Draft concise executive communications, prepare presentations, and set timelines for regular updates to leadership.
• Process removal requests efficiently and accurately, including trademark issues, counterfeit issues, defamation issues, court orders, and requests from government agencies.
• Develop internal and external educational materials, and design new workflows to support the strategic directions of the business. Review of graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive video content will be involved in this job.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 8 years of experience with Executive Communication, Program Management, and Stakeholder Management.
• Experience working with internet technologies and related policy and regulatory environments.
• Experience managing complex projects, tracking progress, and launching on time.
• Knowledge of spreadsheet softwares, SQL, HTML, and/or Python.
• Ability to communicate with social and presentation skills.
• Ability to speak English fluently.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj9141-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.