As the Senior Director, User Experience, YouTube Ads, you will lead the User Experience organization to define the experience enabling a healthy ads ecosystem around YouTube, keeping it free and usable for billions of users globally. You will be responsible for the design vision, strategy, and implementation of the consumer ads experience across the ever-changing set of YouTube surfaces and devices, and the advertiser and agency experience of planning, creating, managing, and measuring the performance of YouTube ad campaigns. YouTube continues to be an extraordinary engine of innovation and growth for Google, and you will play a big role in harnessing and reinforcing that power to benefit users, creators, and advertisers worldwide.
In this role, you will report to the Vice President of Google's central Ads User Experience organization and work closely with the VP General Manager of YouTube Ads, the VP of YouTube's User Experience, and other senior leaders across the various user experience, product management, engineering, sales, and marketing organizations.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google's philosophy: ''Focus on the user and all else will follow.''
• Provide vision and direction for the YouTube Ads User Experience (UX) team, and lead the engagement with partners and stakeholders across Google.
• Drive operational and execution excellence, while leading creative and holistic thinking at scale across product releases, platforms, and devices. Advocate on behalf of the YouTube Ads UX teams and their users.
• Build relationships and operating rhythms with leaders within YouTube Ads, YouTube, and the broader Ads organization at Google.
• Serve as a thought leader to guide and influence the long-term evolution of YouTube and the broader Google Ads ecosystem, and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion at all levels of the organization.
• Provide leadership and engagement across a multi-disciplinary Ads UX organization to guide the ongoing evolution of UX and organizational best practices.
• Experience in Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Research, or other relevant field.
• 20 years of professional experience in User Experience (UX), including 10 years in leadership roles, shipping software products at scale.
• Experience managing and growing cross-disciplinary UX organizations, including directors, managers, and their teams.
• Experience building and leading teams at global organizations.
• Experience shipping software product experiences.
• Experience building healthy, sustainable organizational culture.
• Creative/advertising agency leadership experience or consumer product UX leadership experience.
• Understanding of roles, methods, processes, and best practices for user-centered design at scale.
• Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, driving commitment across teams and peers.
• Confidence in an environment of cross-functional collaboration, partnership, and leadership.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnxj01-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.