As a member of Google's Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you'll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You'll combine creativity and intellectual excellence with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you'll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You're passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
As a Product Policy Manager, you'll help shape YouTube's policy efforts for cross-market regulations. You will coordinate with YouTube's Trust and Safety, Search and Discovery, Marketing, Communications, and Legal teams, as well as Google's global Government Affairs and Public Policy team. You will execute YouTube's regulatory policy strategy, develop our external narrative around key policy challenges, and advise product teams through the public policy lens.
In this role, you will contribute to the responsible development and deployment of new products and features, and help shape pending regulations by educating stakeholders on YouTube's policies, processes, and tools.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company's engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others' views and opinions, and distill and share the company's perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
• Advise product teams on the public policy implications of initiatives during the product development and launch process.
• Work closely with Trust and Safety and Legal on implications relating to content policies and related enforcement action.
• Develop resources to support our Global Public Policy team's work with regulators, trade associations, industry partners, nonprofits, and partners.
• Engage with key stakeholders, as needed, to shape regulations.
• Develop and execute policy strategy in a way that benefits YouTube's users and our business. Work cross-functionally to develop policy positions for review by Google's Policy, Legal, and Leadership teams.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 7 years of experience working on policy issues within government, think tanks, public interest groups, or relevant industry associations.
• Experience working with product teams.
• Experience successfully managing a team, and working separately to evaluate issues.
• Experience in product or engineering field, translating complex technical concepts and product features for a non-technical audience.
• Ability to take initiative, navigate ambiguity, and multi-task on multiple short- and long-term projects through to completion.
• Ability to work closely with a team and exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g46p31-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.